Powered By Blogger

Friday, July 6, 2012

A day in the life of the Trifecta.

     In order to properly open this little mess of a blog, first I must introduce the main characters (i.e. my demonspawn) that will more than likely be referred to by various monikers. My oldest child is Azrielle, or 'Azzy' as she prefers a few hours a day- but mostly she is a sea turtle, a shark, a beautiful snowman, or a fish...or...whatever else she feels like calling herself at any given moment.  Fruit Cake and Octopus are also notable mentions.  She's precocious, empathetic to a fault, and very, very, VERY talkative.
     Next is Squish.  Ah, Squish...I won't even tell you her real name.  Because it should have been Squish.  Squish is a force of nature that really shouldn't even be allowed upon this Earth, but no other planets wanted her.  (I kid, I kid.) Squish likes to climb, bark at people, pet other children on the head and giggle, get into peoples faces and loudly declare "HIIIII! I'M A PUPPY!!! FUFF FUFF!!!!" Oh, have I mentioned she likes to climb?  Yeah, she climbs. A. LOT.
     Lastly is the baby, or ze Smooshy One as we like to call her. (The affected French accent is a must when saying "ze Smooshy One", or you just sound silly.) As you have probably surmised, all of the mentioned children are young- the oldest being 3 1/2- and they're all girls. Yes. I AM masochistic.
    Terrific, now that the introduction is out of the way, we can get down to business...right after I get Squish a glass of water, because it's the end of the world and she is dying of thirst.  It would be a shame if she didn't make it to the end of the world in December...I hear it's supposed to be fun! WITH ZOMBIES!

Squish: "I need water, mommy! I need water! I NEED WATER, MOMMY!"

I hand her a sippy cup of water.

Squish: "Thank you." She takes a drink.  "AZZY NEEDS WATER, MOMMY!"

At this point, Azzy is soundly asleep.  I retrieve a sippy cup of water for her anyway, and hand it to a now-mollified Squish, who promptly wakes Azzy with a cup to the head.
Sigh.

2 comments: